Sunday, May 18, 2014

State of the Author

It's been a while, I know.  But I have good reason, I promise.

For the past couple of years, I have been unemployed, despite my university education, thanks to the shitty economic situation here in Portugal.  I've been surviving (barely) on temporary, part-time, small jobs, plus the generosity of my parents.  Writing was a way to pass the time and feel like I still did something.  But last month I landed a new full-time job at a grocery store, making more than twice what I used to.

The bad side?  I'm on the evening shift, 1 to 10 o'clock, a schedule I'm really not used to, plus the work can be real tiring, physically and mentally (you can't imagine some of the stupidity I have to deal with!).  Which all leaves me with little time and patient for writing.

I haven't given it up for good, I enjoy it too much for that, and my fan mail has pretty much told me that I'm a half decent writer.  But I have decided that from now on, I won't post a story until I have completed it.  I can't guarantee when that will be, or what story.

I'm hoping that I will get used to my new situation and start writing in earnest.  For now, I still plan on updating this blog on occasion, so drop by every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment